NBVME Strategic Plan: 2010-2012
Adopted July 18, 2010
The NBVME will remain the recognized leader providing valid and reliable examinations for veterinary medicine.
The NBVME is a nonprofit, professional veterinary examination service that provides psychometrically sound, defensible examinations for use by governmental licensing agencies and other entities so that they can assure the protection of public and animal health and welfare by assessing professional competency.
The NBVME values:
- Transparency - in testing procedures, materials, and content
- Confidentiality - when collecting and reporting personal information, credit data, and test scores
- Reliability - in relevant test design, implementation, and scoring
- Service - to candidates, licensing boards, and society at large
- Collegiality - towards stakeholders, board members, and the veterinary profession
- Integrity - in all actions and business relationships
Fiscal Responsibility - to ensure continuing improvements in our testing products and a viable future for our organization
1. Continuous Improvement: Assure continued improvement of assessment instruments.
2. Organizational Effectiveness: Build and maintain an efficient, effective, and contemporary organization that will ensure and sustain the NBVME mission.
3. Outreach: Explore opportunities with other organizations to develop products that will enable NBVME to increase its impact on public and animal health and welfare.
4. New Initiatives: Evaluate potential new examinations and implement as appropriate.
Each of the four strategic objectives includes several specific priorities that will be the focus of the NBVME's work during the two year period.